Monday 1 August 2011

tokidoki Punk Lash Mascara

Hello all you readers! How are your summers going? I hope you’re enjoying yourselves. I promised you guys a mascara review, and I finally got a good set of photos. I will upload them in a few minutes after this is posted, because I am using a different camera, and I have to quickly set up the software. The photos are higher quality, and I will use this camera when I am at home, and the other camera will be used when traveling. Well, onto today’s post!

 I walked into a Sephora, seeking a quality coloured mascara. I have used a few in the past, but I was looking for one that was highly pigmented. I looked around the store for almost an hour. They did sell good coloured mascaras, but the colours were limited, and not as bright as I would have liked. I came across the tokidoki section, and remembered the brightly coloured cosmetics I had seen a few weeks before. I spotted the cutely packaged mascaras, and picked up the blue one, but ultimately decided on the bright green. The bright green is actually called “Mad Rocker”, and it is surprising bright.




As you can see in this picture, my lashes are already dark enough and long enough.






I curled and separated my lashes with lash comb, and applied one coat of this mascara on my top and bottom lashes. As soon as I applied the first bit onto my lashes, I was impressed. The brush left absolutely no clumps on the first stroke, which is usually what happens with a lot of mascaras. The brush effortlessly lengthened, volumized, and separated my lashes. The bristles on the brush get a firm grip on your lashes, and evenly distribute the product, so you do not have to go over it if you do not want to. The colour showed up exceptionally well on my jet-black eyelashes. It did not deviate from the colour inside the clear tube.













Let’s take a look at the brush. The bristles are shorter than most mascaras, but the clever design allows for no clumps, even on the second or even third layer of mascara. You get the ideal amount of product, onto your eyelashes, and it does not make the lashes stiff or flaky. However, my lashes still maintained their curl. I am really impressed by this mascara; it does the job as it is supposed to, without flaking. This is my second time using this tube of mascara. The first time I had used it, I had left it on all day, and it did not irritate my eyes, smudge, or leave a bit of a green dust under my eyes. I even rubbed my eyes a couple times out of sleepiness, and it still stayed on. Another amazing thing about this mascara, is that you do not even feel the product on your lashes, it feels naturally light.







Another thing that I like about this product is the smart packaging. The product comes neatly packaged with cute illustrations by creator Simone Legno, all over the clear packaging, which are reminiscent of Japanese manga characters.  The tube itself is slim with a black cap and clear tubing, so the colour of the mascara can be seen clearly. There are also little illustrations at the bottom of the tubing. Everything about this product is cute and functional. Also, it is formulated without parabens, which is a positive feature for those with sensitive skin, like me. I definitely recommend any of you to go out and try it. You will not be disappointed, as there are four different colours to choose from: Baby Rocker (Blue), Mad Rocker (Green), Sabochan (Purple), and Cactus Rocker (Black). I believe that Sephora is the only store that this wonder product can be purchased at, but maybe you can purchase it from the tokidoki website. I will still post the links, just in case.









Sephora Link:

Tokidoki Link:



There you go the end of my post. I hope you enjoy this product as much as I am. Thank you for reading, I appreciate every view that you guys contribute to my blog. Well, time to get to bed for me, it is now 1:00 AM on the dot. Take care, everyone.



Happy Shopping


^_^

2 comments:

  1. That wand looks crazy, like it's a mix between plastic and bristles. thank you for this post... your lashes are gorgeous btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually THE best brush you can ever use! Thank you for reading and for the lovely compliment :)

      Delete