Friday 7 September 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review

Hello readers! I have been searching for a sheer lip colour for a while, but did not want to commit to lipstick, as I did not want to reapply it a million times throughout the day, and glosses always end up getting lost or half used. It was meant to be the perfect lip product for school, as between classes and a crazy lunch time is not the best time to be reapplying anything. I think I encountered just the thing. The new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stan seemed to be the answer for most of  those little problems.I was not sure how sheer the colour was going to be when I saw the product, so I just grabbed the last balm stain the store had for that shade. I chose the colour "Charm". The packaging looked very cute and the light orange colour caught my eye, so I bought that shade. 







This product has a lot of comments about being a dupe for the Clinique Chubby Sticks. Now, I can't tell you that, as  have never used a Chubby Stick before, but the similar packaging really does allow for competitive comparison. Never mind about that, this post wasn't an attack on any copy claims. I play no favourites until I actually try both. 

I uncapped the balm stain when I came home, and I was eager to apply this colour. As you can see, its a very feminine and spunky orange sherbert type shade. What I love about this product is that it was surprisingly wearable for school. Its a great alternative to the boring old nude coloured lip. So far, Revlon has done a great job as far as colour goes.







 I thought it was going to be a barely-there shimmery balm, but there was a a health dose of pigment in the balm, which is a plus. The colour lasts for hours! I hastily put it on as I came home, and then rushed off somewhere else. I came home much later, and found the colour still looked fresh. I have a feeling I'll be using this until the product turns into a stub.

Another feature that I found was really helpful, was the crayon-like chiseled tip. It made lining the lips and shading nearly fool-proof, and the conical tip allows for quick application for those in a hurry.

The product also had a slightly minty taste and smell, which is very tolerable, and non-irritating. It actually made me feel a bit refreshed, and it was not strong or overbearing. The price is fairly reasonable, but remember it is a balm stain, and not a lipstick, so do not expect more product. usually, with these promotions, you would get less than expected. For around $8.99 (CAD),  one balm stain will contain approximately 2.7 g. Typically, you can buy a tinted lip balm for around $3-6, with more product and the same performance as this product. Nonetheless, it met most of my standards, and I hope you guys get to try it out too!

Thank you for reading!



Happy Shopping


^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment