Sunday 14 April 2013

How To Deal with Sensitive Skin

Hey guys! Many people believe they have sensitive skin, but do not have a clear idea of what is really is. It is not something that is easy to diagnose on your own, which is why you should see an doctor for a proper check-up. For those of you that have sensitive skin, it can be a challenge to find the right products for your skin's needs. I'm one of those "lucky" girls that have sensitive skin (oh, joy). When ever the weather changes, my hands and forearms get so irritated, and I admit that it's hard to resist scratching. there have been numerous times when my skin broke out do to a type of clothing detergent used to wash my clothes or a facial lotion that made my skin so red and irritated that it felt like it was burning up! I also have acne, which thankfully is under control by a couple prescriptions, and cleared it up right a way.

Thankfully, I outgrew some of the effects of having sensitive skin, but there are still a lot of effects that happen. To combat this crazy skin menace, here are some tips that I hope will help y'all out. But, I'm not a doctor, so take any issues up with one immediately, if you have any questions!
 












Beware of the following claims labelled on skin products: hypoallergenic, non-irritating, paraben free.

Okay, so i know there are tons of people that sear by purchasing such formulas for skin products, but I can tell you, these labels may be just as irritating as the regular formulas. Who know, maybe your skin is best suited for the regular stuff!




De-clutter your facial routine!

This may be a no brainer, but a ton of girls may not want to part with their nine product regime. I was honestly shocked when I learned that people have the time to put that much on their faces. I'm just cringing as I type, as I'm imaging my face burning off in a few places. Ouch. Try to avoid excess products such as toner (can irritate the skin, plus you don't need it), essence, serum, several chemical peels, exfoliants, night creams, and the rest of that mess.  Maybe just try a mild soap, any presciptions you may have, and then a moisturizer? DONE. Your skin could even improve, who knew less products would save your skin? :p




 Become educated on the ingredients in your skin products

Let's face it ( haha get it? ), the more you know, the more likely you are to be able to deal with your set is skin issues. Try hitting up Wikipedia ( yes, just as valid as any other resource) and searching up some scary chemicals and formulas , to see what it can do to your skin. Oh, and ask a pharmacist or doctor, if available. So the next time you hit up a beauty counter you won't be scratching your head going : "what the heck is dimethylaminoethanol?!?!?




 Don't scratch (no matter how tempting it is!)

I think that this is the hardest tip to follow, especially when the weather changes. There is nothing more satisfying that scratching whatever is bothering you, but it can lead to more scarring, and even more irritated skin! Try trimming your nails realllly short, so it won't inflict as much damage, and apply moisturizer, to ease the discomfort. one of my favourtie fixes is hydrocortisone cream, which my doctor reccommended to me years ago, when the inflammation was much worse. Just a little dab, and this stuff works like magic!




Well I hope that these tips helped you a wee bit, or at least deterred you from scratching up a storm. Until next time!


See ya

^_^   






 

No comments:

Post a Comment