Tuesday 5 July 2011

Vichy Aqualia Skincare Set

Hello, my wonderful readers, are you enjoying this lovely summer? I just came back from an out of town wedding, and it was fun. It was my first time at a Lebanese/Egyptian wedding. Well Canada Day went pretty, well, I spent most of the day at an art festival .I hope you American readers enjoy this year’s 4th of July.  Well, onto today’s post!
 


 I recently visited my local Shoppers Drug Mart, and found this skincare set by Vichy. The set was for about $25 CAD, and in my opinion, it was money well spent. The original price was $35 CAD, but the store was offering a 30% discount. This set is the Vichy Aqualia Skincare Set. It comes with a full-sized Aqualia Thermal face lotion, the full-sized Purete Thermale One Step Cleanser, a mini Capital Soleil Sunscreen SPF 60, and a travel-sized Eau Thermal face mist. There are three different skincare sets: Light, UV, and Rich. I purchased the rich formula, to help with dry skin. My skin often gets dry in the summer, so Aqualia Thermal cream should help to treat dry skin. The set also comes with a bilingual booklet, in both English and French, and gives a couple of pages of information regarding the skin products. All of the products are paraben-free, hypoallergenic, and allergy tested, so if you have really sensitive skin like I do, then you should enjoy using these products. 







The first product I pulled out of the box was the Aqualia Thermal Cream. I was pretty impressed by features of the cream, as it is paraben-free, and has a light scent to it, unlike a lot of similar creams on the market. I have not tried this cream yet, but I have a good feeling about it. ^_^




The next product out of the box was the Purete Thermale One Step Cleanser.  It is made for sensitive skin, and is three products in one: cleansing milk, toner, and a makeup remover. How convenient is that? This product is sure to save you some time when using it, as it should be gentle on your skin, and get everything off of your face. I have not used this product yet, but I am going to use it in an upcoming review.

 

 The Eau Thermal mist is the perfect size for traveling, and has a very reliable aerosol nozzle. Be warned, this stuff goes pretty fast, as you would want to spray it on your face over and over again. I took it with me on my trip, and it is perfect for spritzing a tired face, to get it fresh for my evening makeup.  This is just water in a handy can, no added synthetics or parabens.



The last product I took out of the box was the mini Capital Soleil Sunscreen SPF 60. It is tiny enough to fit in your palm, and is non-greasy. I was surprised by how well it worked, as it protected my face, arms, and neck on the day of the art festival. The only concern that I had with this product was how pale it made me look, but that was probably the outcome of me applying too much. Overall, this product worked really well.



 
I phoned Shoppers to ask if this skincare set is exclusive only to their stores and the employee I had talked to was not too sure.  Maybe you readers will find it in your local CVS or Boots drugstores. I hope you guys find it, if possible. Keep checking back for updates, as I will have a Nars review posted pretty soon. Well I should go to bed now, as it is about 1:14 AM as I finish writing this. Goodnight to you all.



Happy Shopping

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment