Monday 31 December 2012

Knit Crazy!



Hello out there! Now that Christmas is done, I decided to challenge myself and knit a scarf. Yep, a little ol' scarf. Though its one of the easiest things to do with knitting needles (other than accidentally dropping stitches), I'm actually gonna make one I am going to wear. The last scarf I knit was for a project, and it is not very , er, wearable. I'm not one to do knitting or any techniques of the similar craft, but I do other types of art. Right now I am knitting a scarf for my brother while he is visiting, hopefully it turns out to be wearable out in public. 


believe it or not, this little ol' scarf costs close to $50. ouch.
 




I got into one of those moods to just knit something, after seeing a ton of cute knitwear in fashion lately. I was a bit annoyed to find a lot of the cute chunky knit scarves were selling as high as $60. May seem like chump change for some, but I do not feel as if a $60 scarf is really worth it, especially if it is only going to get worn a handful of times. Realistically, I can produce the same scarf for around 4-10 dollars myself. Well, I'm off to go knit some more.




Happy Holidays


^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment