Thursday 31 January 2013

My Way: Atelier Versace Spring 2013 Eye Makeup






wwd.com



Hello you blogders! Today I am going to show you how to recreate this amazing smokey eye. Instead of being just a plain ol' smokey eye, the makeup artists took it to a new level, by adding a couple of simple details to it. As you can see in the photo, the addition of two foil shapes, possibly applied by using lash glue, are strategically placed, and balance out the smokey eye quite nicely. Well, let's begin!


The first thing I applied was a matte lilac shadow all over my lids and browbone area with my ring finger. I chose to skip the concealer for this step. Apply as much as you want, as it is going to be covered up by the next eyeshadow.


I then applied a shimmery blue-grey shadow to the outer v of my crease, and about two thirds of the way along my lower lashline. To create this colour, I mixed the light and dark purple shimmery shades together, from my Clinique Eyeshadow Duo in Blackberry Frost.


After this step, I applied a tawny chocolate brown shadow on the inner third of my eye, as if I was contouring the area. I used a heavier hand for this colour, which would help to bring out the next colour I am applying. To get the perfect shade, I mixed together Estée Lauder Pure Colour Eyeshadow in Copper Penny, a matte chocolate brown shadow from Lancôme in Lézard layered it heavily. Blend this out with a clean finger or a fluffy brush. Blend the colour over the crease for a nice smokey effect.

Apply the brown eyeshadow about a third into your lower lashline, just underneath the grey eyeshadow.


Here's the messy part. Layer the inkiest black eye shadow or liner you own all over your lids. Softly blend the colour so it goes past your crease. Shape the black colour so it makes a slight cate eye shape If it is not dark enough, keep layering the colour. Next, pat and blend in a charcoal shadow with large flecks of shimmer in it all over your lids and crease. Remember to use a light hand, as you do not want it to get muddy.

Using a black eyeliner, thinly line the upper lashline, and carefully line the lower lashline by just dotting the lineron the outer third of your lashline. 

Apply concealer to clean up the look a bit, and re-blend anything you think needs fixing. Add a light hand of mascara, and you are done!


Thank you for reading,

^_^



 

No comments:

Post a Comment